So, it has been a while since my last post. Lots of things have been happening. A quick recap...I went to the ACA conference in Charlotte this past weekend. Man that was wonderful. I really enjoy being around the like minded and I was reminded how much I miss school, already. I have only been out for like 3 months. I just enjoy learning. The conference was great, the division I am co-president for won an award at the NCCA luncheon and my poster session went off without a hitch. I am sure glad I worked so hard on it now. All my hardwork will soon be posted on the website (after many requests from conference attendees wanting more information) now I am not one to brag but that sure does make me feel good. Not to mention I got great feedback and acknowledgement from some of the greats in the counseling field about my comments in sessions.
I have decided that I AM going to pursue my ph.d. The question now remains when do I want to start applying and where do I want to go. My life is here, and I am just not ready or wanting to give that up. But, I am lucky, I have a great man who is supporting my decisions and stands behind my future pursuits. Currently top interests for school include UNCG, UNCC, and VTech. All fairly difficult schools to get into, but are fairly close and will give me my life here and a good education. I am thinking two years to wait at the longest and possibly even applying for 2010 school year. I guess for that I will wait and see.
On to other life things...still house hunting. For those of you who own homes...how did you do it. I mean how do you make it through all the searching. This has been such a difficult thing. It wears me out but everyone keeps saying this is how it is, it is normal. My response...if this is normal then normal sucks and who wants to be normal. I want it to be easy. I guess as the saying goes, anything worth getting is worth waiting for. We are, I believe on the tail end, we have narrowed down some options and will be making some difficult decisions. I cant wait till Wednesday, three more to see. The more I consider condos and townhomes, they really seem to make sense, for us, right now anyway. Well, I digress. If you have read this far you are probably worn out and I congratulate you. I guess I had more to say then I realized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment